Essential Mac Web Development Utilities
- Firefox - ...This one's a no-brainer.
- CSSedit - If you've been editing CSS without using this app, its time you take a look back at all the long hours you wasted and feel sorry for yourself.
- Coda - FTP, coding, previewing, CSS (but CSSedit is better), Terminal, and training in a single package.
- Flow - Before Flow I used Transmit, then Coda took over my FTPing needs. However Flow uploads files simultaneously and so is better if you want the job done quickly.
- Versions - This is one sexy way to sub your version.
- liveHTTP - The equivalent of Safari's "Activity" window. I still like the simplicity of Safari's better though.
- CSSViewer - CSS property viewer.
- Some way of copying CSS tags. Here's how I envision it in CSSedit - Option clicking an element would produce a dropdown menu (much like when you control click the folder icon at the top of a finder window, with the path to the folder) of CSS tags leading up to the last tag. Depending on which tag is selected, the CSS "path" to that tag is copied to the clipboard. Simple and timesaving, huh?
That's all for now, folks. I'll update as I improve my workflow.